Monday, October 4, 2010

Broken Hill - July 2010

For more shots of Broken Hill and surrounds see my Broken Hill Slideshow or Album.


In Broken Hill I stayed at the Caledonian B and B, a small, friendly place in a converted pub (a lot of old pubs have been converted to accommodation). It was inexpensive and well located in easy walking distance to the city centre with a couple of pubs with good bistros within one or two blocks. I also spent one night at the Lodge Outback Motel which is across the road from the Caledonian, slightly dearer as it is ensuite, and perfectly acceptable but lacks the atmosphere of the B and B.

 The Caledonian
Barb and Hugh, the managers

I thoroughly enjoyed Broken Hill with its mix of mining history, outback desert scenery and art of various types. The range of architecture is fascinating as are the mining relics.

Broken Hill with Line of Lode
Mario's Palace Hotel (as seen in Priscilla Queen of the Desert)
 Line of Lode
 Miner's Tinnie
 Silverton
 Silverton
 Silverton
Sculpture Symposium at sunset
Sculpture Symposium at sunset
Sculpture Symposium at sunset

For more shots of Broken Hill and surrounds see my Broken Hill Slideshow or Album.

3 comments:

parvina said...

I love your article. you can visit my website.

get it on club apk

parvina said...

I love your article. you can visit my website.

get it on club apk

bataiu said...

Have you tried this new app: Chatib Chat Apk That must be the exception.