Sunday, May 18, 2008

Intro to the Albums - Bolivia

Bolivia was the second stop on the 2004/05 round the world and is a country that took me by surprise. I fell in love with the place. At the time it was only just becoming known as a tourist destination, the people were reserved but friendly and the scenery had everything - mountains, jungle, colonial cities. It is one of my favourites of all the places I have visited and I would go back tomorrow given the chance. Highlights and must sees include:



The Salar de Uyuni



Pink lakes - Laguna Colorada, Blue lakes and volcanos - Laguna Verde and Lincancabur



Animals - capybaras in the pampas and white colonial citites - Sucre, a favourite
Then there is the sunset over Lake Titicaca
Lots more photos can be found in the Bolivia Photo Album.

No comments: